Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tiling

So for my weekend adventure this week I set to tiling my bathrooms. I bought a house when I moved to Logan that had three bathrooms, all with carpet. It kind of boggled my mind that one would have carpet in the bathroom, but I had seen it in other houses in Logan so I thought to myself: Maybe it's a Logan thing. After all there are some places in the world where people put carpet in the bathrooms...Great Britain being one. I personally think that carpet in a bathroom is the worst possible thing that you could have in a house. You come out of the shower and step in the carpet making it wet, and then it is wet for at least ten hours. That is not sanitary. I had never tiled before but I thought to myself: how hard can it be? I'm patient and pretty good at following directions. So my dad said that Lowes and Home Depot have free classes on tiling. I went to Lowes and they said they used to have in person classes but now they have all their stuff online. That was fine with me, but the tile I finally selected for my first bathroom was from Home depot. I went to get the tile and lo and behold they still had an in person class. So I thought to myself I might as well give that a shot since I am here. But it turned out the employee who usually did these classes had forgotten that he was supposed to do it. I was the only one there and he showed me what I needed to know. Then I got home, sized up the tiles and saw how they would fit. Then today I mortared them down to the floor. Now I need to wait to put in the grout. I am sure I would have done okay with Lowes' online training. Maybe I should check it out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment